Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pecan Pie!

.
It doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy.  I really enjoy the simple things: a puffy quilt to wrap up in, striped socks, the smell of mountains in the morning, and food!  Pretty much any downer moment is made better by good food, and any good moment must have its comestible component.  It is now the season of Thanksgiving, and so I am craving my favorite pie.  I don't think there's anything that has butter, sugar, and eggs in it that I don't like, but when it's just butter, sugar, and eggs....oh. 

Make the pies. mmmm.

My sister and her husband got a turkey from their work for Thanksgiving and they invited us over for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner so I had a good excuse to indulge in butter/sugar/egg bliss.  It was just a normal, easy, eat-food-and-hang-with-the-fam kind of afternoon, but those are the days you want to remember.  My 3mo-old nephew is learning how to squawk (he sounds like a little alligator) and we spent most of the time trying to get him to laugh.  We talked, we laughed...did the dishes, played a board game...Mal played the piano for me so I could practice my singing...
 
Eat the pies.  Mmmm!


Headed to Texas tomorrow to visit my nieces and nephews down there for actual Thanksgiving.  Yay for more food, more family time, and warmer weather! 

I think I'm actually looking forward to listening to Christmas songs on Friday, but maybe that's because I've been able to avoid them for the most part until the appropriate day-after-Thanksgiving barrier.  (People who listen to carols before then are like people who wear white pants after Labor day.  Sheesh.)  I kinda wish I had a Nutcracker to take up my time this season, but I'll be able to spend a lot of time with family and friends this Christmas.  That is something I haven't had in a while.

Life is good. :)

Take a nap.  Mmmmmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment