Friday, October 8, 2010

This is why I haven't posted anything intelligible in a while...

.
The other day I was sitting in my hole of an "office" (what used to be a phone booth and is now a poorly-lit, poorly ventillated cupboard with four cubicles in it that I share with twenty other grad. students from the ballet and dance dept.'s) doing some homework, and I glanced at the clock: 12:15am.

I did some quick math in my head.  I had to be in class at 8am the next morning....so with traveling and showering and eating and stuff....that's roughly 4 hours of sleep.  Then the thought occured to me...

If I stay here for the night, I could get a whole 6 hours!

Again my brain spun.  I had food that could get me through breakfast the next morning, and clean dance clothes for class (as long as no-one noticed I was wearing the same street clothes as the day before), i had showered within the 24-hour margin, the futon in the lounge upstairs is almost as comfortable as my bed...yeah, i could do this!

Oh.  But then I remembered that the custodians come to clean at 5am.  Hmmmmm.

I weighed my need for sleep against my discomfort at being caught sleeping overnight at school, and eventually resorted to my usual method of making important decisions; I flipped a coin.  (well, actually it was a container of Altoids, but it worked.)  As is my habit, I assigned the "smart" decision to "heads".

10 min. later I was on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment