.
Though there are absolutely times when I feel overwhelmed with things, I somehow feel uncomfortable being sad. I just don't like it. It's not natural. Those days when life seems stacked against me, I usually find a way to decide to be cool anyway.
For example: I am probably the least effective Assistant Director the Utah Opera has ever had. I embarrass myself fumbling with all the things I don't know, or didn't catch quick enough, or didn't write down right. But you know what? The people I work with aren't going to let me screw it up. My role here isn't that crucial, and the possibility of my actually damaging the show is small. So I've decided I'm going to enjoy being in the room. There's nothing quite like sitting five feet from a singer who is filling the room with their voice. It rings inside you. And this opera is beautiful. It's heart wrenching. I get goosebumps. Truly, the best seat is in the rehearsal hall. That is where the best performances happen. Our Soprano...OMGoodness. And those rich Bass voices...yowza. I'm even enjoying our Tenori :) I love this show.
So: I'm learning what I can and doing the best I can and that's all I can do. I'm not going to stress if I'm less than I want to be. If it's not something I can help, I can at least enjoy the experience.
What an inspiring message! It's great advice for me, especially! YOU ROCK!!
ReplyDelete