Sunday, August 8, 2010

August air

.
I feel so humbled at this moment. I began this blog last night in kind of a funk...I felt very alone in the universe and rather on the left side of the spectrum when it came to meaningful human contact. Today was completely opposite of that.



I felt uplifted in so many ways today. I had a really good chat with a friend in the making :), and many people I hadn't spoken to in too long texted or messaged just to check in and see how I was. These were well-timed reminders that things aren't as bad as they seem at 1am; that people really do care about me specifically. I took myself on an outing to a beautiful spot up provo canyon and just read by the river for a while. I forget how much I love the smell of August air! The light is just beautiful this time of year as well, and I had Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto to keep me company.



Neither words, nor pictures can describe the awesomeness of utah mountains during golden hour; the smell, the rushing sound through the aspens, the way the air kind of washes around your skin like water.....mmmm. That and a jar of hot fudge, and I was sitting pretty.


Round all that off with a visit to my sister's and a rousing game of Valaria with her and my brother-in-law...


Practically perfect day. Thank you universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment