Sunday, August 8, 2010

Quirky People

.
As anyone who has lived in the world for any length of time will tell you, there are some pretty random people out there. I'd like to take that a step further and observe for the cyber world that there are some people out there, and they are all random.

Seriously, though, everyone has things about them that just drive you batty: the person who laughs so you can see the back of their throat, the person who breaks into song as a part of the conversation, the person somehow still laging behind the curve in one or the other point of personal hygene, the person who always has to tell a better story than the one you just told... I know these people, and I'm one of them, too. I'm the person who's always got to impress people with how funny I can be (though sometimes it's kind of a stretch). I'm also the person who says what they think--rather less than tactfully sometimes.

While I am so happy for the people out there who love me anyway (though those are few and far between :), this post is a shout-out to those people who politely ignore the stupid things I do and say for the sake of being polite. You I can get along with. Thank you. And I am more than happy to forgive you for smelling bad sometimes, or for sniffing in a way that paints a graphic picture of what's inside your sinuses (sinusi?), or even for belaboring a political point I don't agree with past the point of all sanity, in return for you courtesy.

Honestly, I believe it's these little forgivenesses we give each other that make it possible for people to be friends at all. Thinking back, some of my dearest and longest-term friends began as "that person" for me. Thank goodness for social politeness that made me look past that and find the awesome person I know now. Funny, they still have their annoying points to them...but I just love 'em anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment