Monday, January 3, 2011

Life Shopping

.
For me the switch to January is clearly demarcated; instantaneous.  As the year winds down to December, the days get darker, richer, and there is a sort-of cuddled-up-homey feeling that goes along with it.  December is like being wrapped up in a quilt in front of a lazily glowing fire and looking out at a midnight-blue sky studded with warm yellow stars. 

January is completely different.  At the beginning of my new year, everything feels open and fresh, the light gets brighter--kind of white and baby blue--and the cold brings with it a clarity and vigor that just begs for action.  I love that feeling.  It makes me feel like doing things--big things.  This is really good considering that I'll be looking for a "real job" this year.  I'm a little intimidated, not going to lie, but it's also kind of exciting.  I have no idea where I'll end up.  Job hunting is like picking out a future.  Finding my new life is going to be a little adventure!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the luck and success that life can give. GO SHAUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete