I was driving around the other day and happened to find myself behind an ambulance that actually had someone in it. It wasn't in a hurry, the siren was off, but he lights were on and I could see the EMT's bustling around a bit--just enough that I felt the reality of the situation. The gurney must have been facing toward the front of the ambulance because the EMT's were looking down and slightly towards the back windows, as was a man seated somewhat farther back and on the side. He had his hand to his ear talking on a cell phone and he was also looking down at whoever was laying on the gurney, but what struck me most was how much worry was in his face.
Of course random moments like this make a person think about how precious some things are: life, love, family, friendship...and how fragile those things can be; how easily they can be lost.

this reminds me of when you were hit and we had you taken to the hospital. It's true that life is precious and so are the people in our lives. I love you ! ! !
ReplyDelete